
So much for my goal of a daily blog/pic. Maybe I should change it to "Week by Week"?
Have had a busy week. Been staying with my Mom at the hospital as much as possible. She is doing so much better. No more blood clots, kidneys are improving, and she's gaining strength daily. We originally thought she'd be going home today, but the Dr. thought it would be better to wait till Monday in order to get her Coumadin regulated.
My sister, Cassie (a winter Texan) flew in Wednesday evening and plans to stay about 10 days. Although I know Mom is well taken care of at the hospital, I feel better if one of us three sisters are around for her. So I feel a bit of relief of not having to make the drive daily or spend the night in Hutchinson since Cass is here.
I basically took the day "off" on Thursday - got caught up on laundry, dishes, set up my trainer and rode my bike 10 miles (boy did that feel good!), took a nap, and went to a Sterling College basketball game that evening.
Went to see Mom on Friday, then back to Little River basketball game to watch granddaughter, Hannah (4th grade) get honored for her state math assessment test.
Keeping this short so I can go get ready to go to work at Sandstone Hts. Nursing Home from 2/10. I work on an as needed basis and haven't worked for about a month, but looking forward to it. Love the residents, have a great staff of CNAs to work with, and my friend, LeeAnn, is the other nurse. Should be a great evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment