
January 3 - What a beautiful January day for Kansas. The sun is shining and there is very little wind. So where could you find me? That's right. Out riding my bicycle. Previously, I have always used 50 degrees as my cut off point for riding, but when I went outside to get my bike to set up on the trainer (BORING), it was so nice, I thought I'd give it a try at 37 degrees. And it was GREAT! Admittedly, the little wind from the north was a bit crisp, but just kept telling myself "refreshing", not cold. And that's how I feel after I've ridden - refreshed. It doesn't matter whether it is 40 degrees or 90 degrees, 5 miles or 50 miles. My body may be tired, but mentally/emotionally, I feel re-charged. As for my body, it sometimes takes up to an hour to feel that way. ;) Finding days to ride in January is difficult, but I'm hoping that tomorrow's weather is a repeat of today, so I can do this again. I think before heading out, though, I'll add another layer ...
As for the picture, I realize it's not the most flattering view, but it wasn't easy getting my phone/camera out, pulling off a glove with my teeth (and holding it in my mouth) so I could feel the buttons with my fingers, aiming without actually seeing because of the glare of the sun, avoiding the rumble strips, and NOT falling over. But I did it!!! I'm just fortunate we don't have much traffic around "these parts". :)
Hope you find that special activity that "re-charges" you!
I love the pic...I think it is flattering! Anyone who goes out and exercises daily is flattering in my book! :)
ReplyDelete