January 1 - A friend on Facebook mentioned she wanted to do a photo a day for 2011. I liked the idea and also thought why not do a blog a day along with it. I've had a blog in the past, but haven't been too good at posting with much regularity. I will still post to that one http://www.jancran.blogspot.com/ when I have something more "profound" to say ;), but this will just be more of a daily journal of my life. So don't expect anything TOO terribly exciting, at least not too often, but if you want to check in once in a while, you are most welcome to join in on my life.
January 1 began about 5:30am with the pitter patter of little feet coming down my stairs. Not exactly what I expected after a New Year's Eve of the movie Yogi Bear, supper at Pizza Hut, and home for playing and reading with Hannah, 9, Ty, 7, & CJ, 3. They were awake till around 11pm, giving me the impression they might sleep later in the morning... oh well.
They were very polite and turned on the TV quietly and hauled "hay bales" (wooden blocks) till I got up and fixed breakfast of poppin' fresh cinnamon strips & OJ which they ate at their little table in front of the TV. (note today's picture)
The rest of the morning was spent just taking it easy and showing this grandmother some new games on the Wii. What a great way to start the new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment